Monday, April 18, 2011

Not sewing, but dreaming


Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feed:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

                                                             ~ WB Yeats 

No progress on the creative front this weekend.  Don't know where the time went.  That thief called 'housekeeping' probably was responsible, and not the old-fashioned felon who gently stole hours dedicated to finer domestic arts like embroidery and silver-polishing, but that modern rapper-type who plays a beat on shiny electronic devices.  Curse him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...