Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Autumn

Autumn Fires
~ Robert Louis Stevenson (1913)

In the other gardens
And all up the vale,
From the autumn bonfires
See the smoke trail!

Pleasant summer over
And all the summer flowers,
The red fire blazes,
The grey smoke towers.

Sing a song of seasons!
Something bright in all!
Flowers in the summer,

Fires in the fall!

I'm still having computer problems.  This time downloading from my camera.  Not happy.  The IT Help Desk is busy preparing Power Point presentations (I tell him, "No! Just talk", but he does like a diagram or two and some bewildering flow-charts as props) and travelling for meetings in airport conference facilities, so I daren't press him to investigate the problem.  

I found this terrific photo blog called Canberra Vistas which provided the perfect image of a typical autumn scene.  It's of the Japanese Gardens in Lennox Gardens, Yarralumla.   A great spot for a bike ride and an opportunity to be chased by swans.  What I'd really like to show is an image of the street trees down Monaro Crescent in Old Canberra resplendent in orange and brown tones and almost meeting overhead like a canopy.   I'm longing to go for an autumn walk this weekend and crunch in some leaves.  I'm even contemplating dragging everyone for a wander up Mt Ainslie after a visit to the War Memorial.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...