Monday, June 23, 2014

Sonnets



When, in disgrace with Fortune and men's eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,
Desiring this man's art, and that man's scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least,
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate
For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings,
That then I scorn to change my state with kings.
 
Shakespeare. Sonnet 29
 
***
 
Well this is how I feel today about the daily grind, technology and driving children everywhere.  Just 14 lines of iambic pentameter ending in a rhymed couplet. The sameness of it all, four email inboxes, too much sitting and then a wonderfully funny moment to make it all worthwhile.  We'll be dancing in the kitchen, singing home-made, rhyming songs, faking ridiculous arguments and giggling our heads off.  Like a lark at break of day arising.

Promise to tend to you more often dear blog.  I think of you often but dinner or fatigue gets in the way.  I have lots of notes and stories to tell. 
 
 
Photo:  London Bridge near Googong Dam, New South Wales. By me. Recommended should you be near Queanbeyan.
 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...