Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Distractions

 
Fast Rode the Knight
~ Stephen Crane

Fast rode the knight
With spurs, hot and reeking,
Ever waving an eager sword,
"To save my lady!"
Fast rode the knIght,
And leaped from saddle to war.
Men of steel flickered and gleamed
Like riot of silver lights,
And the gold of the knight's good banner
Still waved on a castle wall.
 
***
 
Gadzooks.  It's early morning and I have to prepare for a dental appointment before work. The process line of lunches needs attending to and a pair or two of soccer boots needs to be resurrected from the shed.  So I'm sitting here in front of the computer with a cup of coffee instead!  My photo challenge is not progressing but I aim to do a mega-catch-up again by the weekend.  The Strong Silent One is back in the saddle heading out to an office and carrying a brief case again after a four-month interlude.  Relief with an undertow of continued anxiety.  He is my knight and all will be well.  But uncertainty is not a good friend of mine.  Thankfully the weather is fabulous and the days are long so this takes my mind off things.  That, and the need for cut lunches and evening meals every day.  If only I could cook like What Katie Ate whose new book is in the bookstores and is seductively beautiful.  But I do not need another cookbook. That would simply be another glorious distraction and a denial of reality, which is more about macaroni and cheese and two-day old bread rolls.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...