Monday, September 17, 2012

All footnotes


 
 
I read this on ABC Arts and it was not the music criticism that got me, but a line within the story.  Could describe me at the moment.
 
Any conversation with Sasha Frere-Jones, the New Yorker magazine’s pop music critic, is bound to be an unwieldy, tangential affair. Case in point: he instructs his own long-suffering assistant “When I start telling stories, don’t transcribe that”. This anecdote appears 27 pages into my own record of the interview. “Sorry, I’m like all tangent, no content,” he says. “All footnotes, no text.”

 
Photos: Block Arcade, Collins Street, Melbourne July 2012 (reminising in the absence of a camera.  still.  So tired of dpreview, CNET and Sunday afternoons in Teds)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...