Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Still life

 
The Village Blacksmith

~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1841)

Under a spreading chestnut-tree
The village smithy stands;
The smith, a mighty man is he,
With large and sinewy hands;
And the muscles of his brawny arms
Are strong as iron bands.

His hair is crisp, and black, and long,
His face is like the tan;
His brow is wet with honest sweat,
He earns whate’er he can,
And looks the whole world in the face,
For he owes not any man.

***

Or rather ...under the spreading metal and wood utensils in an earthenware jug. My rather feeble, unintended attempt at magazine styling mimicry with iphone.  I spent way too much time curating content for the children's bookshelves and study nook on the weekend. Have noticed that everyone seems to be creating little still life ensembles in the kitchen or on a bedside table. Granted, this little trick has freed up loads of space in the second drawer down, but I do prefer clutter-free benches so I can swing my hammer-on-anvil freely.  Speaking of which, the benches are calling me now to get started on the lunchbox process line. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...