Friday, October 8, 2010

Curves

Neither is it the right angle, which me attracts, nor the straight line, hard, inflexible, made by men. What attracts me is the curve, free and sensual, the curve I find in the mountains of my country, in the winding course of its rivers, in the waves of the sea, in the body of the beloved woman. The universe is made out of curves - the curved universe of Einstein. 

                                                       Oscar Niemeyer , Brazillian architect.


Friday. Last official day of the school holidays.  The end of a week-long indoor cricket program for Ro-Ro, and complex associated car-pooling arrangements, while Charley and Wanna attended the school vacation care program ... and enjoyed a rock climbing outing today.  After a week of distracted reading on new subject matter at work involving lots of Googling and hammering away at the computer, it's time to wallow in domesticity and cross off some of those items on the October to-do list.  I've noticed how the end of this week has taken on a comforting curvi-linear shape, so I shall continue to look for swirls and curls as I go about the Spring cleaning and gardening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...