Thursday, September 9, 2010

Go for Gold

All That is Gold Does Not Glitter

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

Poem by John Ronald Reuel Tolkien
Photo by me: Inside the Big Pineapple, Woombye, Sunshine Coast, Queensland


Change is on the horizon.  New job starts soon.  There have been lots of 'lasts' this week and more farewells tomorrow.  I've been slowly and somewhat half-heartedly signing off on tasks, leaving notes for my successor and indulging in deep introspection about where I've come from and where I'm going - not far on both counts I expect.  All a bit ho-hum 'round here today really.  I'll pack my box of books and clear my drawers tomorrow.  Rinse my coffee mug and have one last gaze at the view from my office window.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...