Saturday, January 23, 2016

New Year Inspiration



Birthday Wish
by Stuart Macfarlane

I met a nice fairy,
On the way home from school,
She granted me a wish,
She knew I was no fool.

I said weekly birthdays,
Would really be great,
For fifty two weeks,
Is too long to wait.

Now presents and presents,
Each week do arrive,
We’ve bought a bigger house,
In fact we bought five,

But the gifts keep on coming,
And there’s no room to store,
At first they were fun,
But now they’re a bore.

But horror of horrors,
Is the effect upon me,
For I’ve outgrown my parents,
I’m now two hundred and three.

***

First post for 2016 (and for quite some time) and who best to take inspiration from but Tania McCartney - a true whirlwind of creative energy and goodness. Her workspace is a dream. It was profiled in a blog post by fellow illustrator Nicky Johnston.  She was also interviewed about life and work for a local online magazine. Bookmarked here to remind me that you can do it if you try.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...