Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fashion Shoot


Delight in Disorder

A sweet disorder in the dress
Kindles in clothes a wantonness:
A lawn about the shoulders thrown
Into a fine distraction:
An erring lace, which here and there
Enthrals the crimson stomacher:
A cuff neglectful, and thereby
Ribbands to flow confusedly:
A winning wave, deserving note,
In the tempestuous petticoat:
A careless shoe-string, in whose tie
I see a wild civility:
Do more bewitch me than when art
Is too precise in every part.


Yes, that would sum me up.  Hours spent on lunch preparation, assisting with breakfast and grooming the children, last-minute administration and then a rushed ten minutes to get myself ready for work.  It is always a mad rummage through  the wardrobe, despair that the preferred items are unironed, quick decisions to create an improvised 'Polyvore' mix-and-match set and then the slick application of basic make-up.  Once I land at my desk I often regret my choice - the monotony of the selection, the lack of accessorising and possibly mismatched socks.   Lately I've discovered layering with knit vests and the simple but effective impact of wearing a necklace.  I'm paying a bit more attention to how I look and it does make a difference.  I'm not a great one for fashion and it takes a huge effort to go through this process.  I'm more a 'sweater and jeans' kinda gal, sadly stuck in a suited world.

Poem by Robert Herrick 
Photo: My Paparazzi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...