Tuesday, October 12, 2010

B-Well Report: Walk to Work


The Government is extremely fond of amassing great quantities of statistics. These are raised to the nth degree, the cube roots are extracted and the results are arranged into elaborate and impressive displays. What must be kept in mind, however, is that in every case, the figures are first put down by a village watchman and he puts down anything he damn well pleases.

  ~ Sir Josiah Stamp, Her Majesty's Collector of Inland Revenues, more than a century ago  ~

I'm pondering as I walk to work through the increasingly dense thicket of weeds. 
Performance information, evaluation and measuring outcomes. 
Public opinion polls, feedback surveys and attendance figures. Endless data collection.  Must make it accurate, reliable and meaningful. I do believe some people enjoy this sort of stuff.  Study it even. Make it their life's work. 

Yesterday I disturbed a rabbit - much to my, and its, surprise.  Last week I was swooped upon by a magpie and I'm getting burrs in the hems of my trousers. I'm starting to think ... and look, like the village watchman.  

Last night for Daddy's birthday instead of cake we had a tub of Connoisseur brand Chocolate Honey Nougat ice-cream with four sparklers on top.  I thoroughly recommend it.  I had seconds and am already planning a tub of the macadamia one for my birthday... in January.  Must off now to walk it off as part of my commitment to the fabulous Jeanne's B-Well Report. (Maybe I need a pedometer to measure my effectiveness?  Or I could do a stretch test at weekly intervals to assess the impact on my flexibility or ...)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...