Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Clash of Civilizations

The Land of Counterpane by Robert Louis Stevenson

When I was sick and lay a-bed,
I had two pillows at my head,
And all my toys beside me lay
To keep me happy all the day.

And sometimes for an hour or so
I watched my leaden soldiers go,
With different uniforms and drills,
Among the bedclothes, through the hills;

And sometimes sent my ships in fleets
All up and down among the sheets;
Or brought my trees and houses out,
And planted cities all about.

I was the giant great and still
That sits upon the pillow-hill,
And sees before him, dale and plain,
The pleasant land of counterpane.

Photos by Ro-Ro who loves his knights, soldiers, swords and tanks.  We had a battle between medieval and modern foot soldiers on the floor of the living room.  "Who would win?", he asked.  In hand-to-hand combat, it's hard to say. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...