Wednesday, April 28, 2010

'Carn United!!!!


As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.

Soccer practice on a green oval. Setting sun. Rising damp.  Must take hand weights and do a few laps around the oval next week and not wear leather boots with heels.  Matches start on Saturday.  Under 10 Girls United and Under 8 Boys Griffins.  Very nice, but I'm not an organised sport person or a team player.  More of an individual medley competitor.  But  here I am team manager twice over.  I must do up rosters and pay referees and be prepared to assist with dressing and un-dressing the pitch.  I shall treat it as an opportunity to get some exercise myself.  I shall.  While inside I'd like to take a foldaway chair, a thermos and the Saturday papers and get lost in my own reverie. 


Illustration by Lauren Nassif

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...