Friday, July 31, 2009


The Australian Guide Promise and Law

Guide Promise

I promise that I will do my best:
to do my duty to God, to serve the Queen and my country;
to help other people; and
to keep the Guide Law.

The Guide Law

A Guide is loyal and can be trusted.
A Guide is helpful.
A Guide is polite and considerate.
A Guide is friendly and a sister to all Guides.
A Guide is kind to animals and respects all living things.
A Guide is obedient.
A Guide has courage and is cheerful in all difficulties.
A Guide makes good use of her time.
A Guide takes care of her own possessions and those of other people.
A Guide is self-controlled in all she thinks, says and does.

Evening Taps

Day is done, Gone the sun,
From the sea, from the hills, from the sky.
All is well, Safely rest.
God is nigh.

For Charly on her first guide camp. Harry Potter's birthday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...